среда, 22 сентября 2010 г.

World Day without Cars (World Car Free Day) – September 22

Although, I’m a bit exhausted I decided to write this:

(for the 5th grade- to be a bit- that's our active vocabulary- I remind you- I'm a bit angry with you, guys. I'm a bit hungry because I didn't have my breakfast.I'm a bit upset because some of you haven't done your homework. I'm a bit tired from your questions. I'm a bit bored because you're doing this task too long, etc.)


Cars here,
Cars there,
Cars, cars-
They are
Everywhere!

The first cars-free day was held in France, but only nearly 20 cities took part in this movement. Compare, in 2001 over thousand cities in 35 countries all over the world have joined “car-free” movement officially.

Officially- is a key word here_)
In Russia, we have an outstanding way of thinking. It’s a great tragedy when our cow died, but it’s not more a tragedy if our neighbor’s cow kicked the bucket the same day…It’s awful when we have problems but when we learn that somewhere miles from everywhere in the middle of nowhere people don’t have any museums or theatres- we forget about everything and are ready to give our last shirt in order to build, at least, a small library there… when we see posters that tell us – the 22nd of September is a  car free day- we are happy, because, at last, we will manage to drive to work without any traffic jams…the result is quite predictable…
A small, usually almost uninhabited Moscow street- 9 p.m.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий